Monday, June 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Whew!

Exactly one week at the beach with the whole family. Let me paint the picture…

Me, my man Biggs, Mom and Dad, the sis and her hubby and their two year old, and my dad’s fishing buddy Captain Wayne.

All of these people in one house for a week. Let’s just say that by Friday I was SO happy to see my house again. Mind you, it wouldn’t have been so bad if my bed wasn’t actually a wooden slab disguised as a bed. Oh, and if it were bigger than mine and Biggs combined asses. Since it was neither of these things, I woke up every ½ hour yelling at him to quit breathing on me and to get back on his side. And then there was the 7 AM 2 year old alarm every morning. I think the latest I slept the whole trip was until 7:45 AM. Nice huh? Also, I believe I ate my weight in desserts while I was there. So yeah, I am glad to be home in my comfy king size bed with lots of veggies and fruit in the fridge.

Coming back through our neighborhood we had to wait to let a flock of geese walk by. This is a normal thing in the hood. There are about 20 or so of them. They walk right out in front of you and walk butt ass slow across to the other side. I am cool with letting them do their thing because there are cute little babies and everything. Well I happened to notice that one goose had a knob where a foot should have been. So he had what looked like a peg leg! It was like a pirate! I got very sad about it and asked Biggs “but how does he swim?” He replied “in circles I guess”.

Oh and I just wanted to tell everyone, if you haven’t joined Etsy yet and started buying…you are a crazy person! I just bought the BEST lip balm in the entire world. I ordered 4 tubes and ended up getting 6 (she gives freebies!). I got grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich (love Elvis), pumpkin bars, carmel popcorn, buttered pancakes, plum rum, and pink mud. These bad boys are awesome. They smell so good!

Her address is www.elladean.etsy.com

Well I am off to be productive! Check out my site, I just listed tons of new fun things! www.cherriesrockmysocks.etsy.com

2 comments:

LuLu Borealis said...

Wow! What a unique bracelet, I love it. I had to look at it three times. Very nice!
Lu

Martha Hughes said...

If I could award you a prize it would be for the funniest blog post I've read yet. Here I thought I was the only one who ever yelled at her husband to quit breathing on me, get back on your own side and take your cat too! It happens even if we're in a king sized bed.