Friday, July 18, 2008

Oldie But a Goodie - Mom Is Losing It.

I found this old blog on my other site, and I had to post it here. I wanted to relive the funny.


Ok, so I am sure everyone has already heard me talk about my family. You know I have quite unique parents...I mean come on, haven't you heard me do my mom's voice? "Kelllaleee". Anyways, the follow is a very true and very real account of some funny as hell stuff that went down yesterday... all while I was at work...
The phone rings while I'm sitting up front at work...
It's mom...
"What's up mom?"
"Kelly, have you been down at my house takin a shower?" - This wouldn't be funny but I, as you know, live across the road from my parents...and have two quite functional showers already.
"Um, no...I have my own showers...why?"
"Are you sure"
"Yeah mom, I have my own...whats up with your shower"
"Well I have a white hair dryer and it's gone...now a blue one is laying in it's place"
"Maybe dad bought a new one mom...I mean don't even use a hairdryer so I know I didn't do it"
"Are you sure you didn't take it, you can tell me"
"Yeah mom, I do not use them..."
So that phone conversation ended...I thought it was over...oh no, that sneaky little hair dryer wouldn't be disreguarded that easily!
Bout 2 hours later...
"Kelly I asked your dad and he didn't touch it, are you sure you didn't take it?"
Dad is on the other phone...quite mad it seems
"Kelly just give you mom her damn hairdryer...she's jumpin on me about it and I didn't touch it"
"I don't have it guys, Have you seen my hair? I don't use a hair dryer!!!"
"Kelly, are you telling us that someone broke in our house and stole the hair dryer and replaced it with a blue one?"
"I guess they did!!! Why don't you just use the blue one?"
"It don't look too good... I mean I had a white one... Come on Kelly just bring it back, I won't be mad, just go ahead and give it back to me"
I think I hung up on both of them then
I call the sister...she had been called too...
"Sis I think our parents are slipping slowly into senility"
"Yeah, they are crazy as shit... I mean I don't even have a key to their house...guess I went down there and broke in and stole their hairdryer and replaced it with mine just to fuck with em"
I'll end the chatting there...cause as we all know my sister, the language just went on from there...
I recieved two more phone calls over the course of the night that went about the same way...
Let me end this by saying this morning mom comes to my house and tells me that she thinks something fishy is going on with her hairdryer...like she thinks the crazy neighbor might have broke in or something.
Moral of this story...Mom and dad are getting matching hair dryers for christmas, one for each, with their name on it...and maybe a gift certificate to a mental health facility...
Oh, and if you are gonna steal someones hairdryer...I guess don't leave your own behind...that obviously just messes with em.

***I did get them matching dryers for christmas. They each had their names written on them in black marker. Mom opened hers and said "I still think you took it...."

1 comment: