Thursday, March 20, 2008

Irritation, and general life I guess

I have to say, I am irritated. I just started a flickr account. I was browsing around looking for groups to join to display the things that I am making for etsy.
Let me just start this by saying, I sew. I have always sewn. I recently discovered resin and I though "hey, that looks neat". Well I started making things and I thought I would put it on Etsy and try to sell it. Mind you I have not made a SINGLE sale yet. Well as I was looking around Flickr I saw this girl who also sells resin on etsy. She had made a pendant that said "eat @#$%". She said it was dedicated to all the copycat people on etsy that make resin stuff. She said there were 4 people. She named two of them. I assume I am one of them because I also put sprinkles in things and blah blah blah.
You know, I have never looked at anything on etsy and said "I am going to copy that and sell it'! I make things, in my opinion that look totally different than hers! I put buttons ands a lot of glitter in my stuff! It just makes me mad because she had all these people on there that were bashing the other people and saying that they would spread the word not to buy from these people! that is shit! I mean come one! How many people sell kids clothes on there, you know? How many people sell aprons and hats? I am sure they don't all talk smack and tell people not to buy from the other people! I feel like they sell the same stickers and charms and buttons in my town, why the hell can I not put sprinkles in my necklace???
Well I have news for this bitch. I hate to say it but she is a bitch. On her site she was calling everyone else that did resin a bunch of "thieving cunts". So yeah, I will call her a bitch.
I do sew, and I am about to start making something that is so much way cooler than her stoopid self has ever seen.
On top of that, you are all gonna be so excited to see my new resin idea. TOTALLY NEW<> NOT STOLLEN AT ALL...
Sorry to vent, it just make me mad. Only my sis is allowed to call me a cunt :)

In general life news, I am so excited about easter. Well not the whole bunny part, but the getting to be out of school and getting to see my family. About a year ago I moved 40 minutes away from my family that I had always lived across the road from. I only get to see them about once a week now, and miss them terribly!
Oh, and I totally love easter for the candy!!!

Well I am off to finish working and then to go to the SEWING store so I can make some cool things:)

Thanks for reading!!!

3 comments:

Mixed Species said...

Take it from us Cherries, there is plenty of resin for ALL of us! Cheers!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10519102

Funkymonkey said...

Love the things you make. Will look again soon.

Meech said...

LOL..... oh my, nicely put. (^_^) And I am very glad to see that you are successfully selling on Etsy despite the strange, hateful popularity contest. It's one thing for a seller to be prideful enough to publish such hurtful things, but it's more troubling that a pandering crowd would gather around to throw stones. :(

"We all shop at Michaels" was the greatest thing ever said about the copycat resin fight. :D

I hope your sales continue; best of luck. (^_^) I really like your lemon skirt, and if I had nicer legs I would buy one from you!

~M