Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Time Disease

Like tons of Americans, I suffer from allergies. When spring time rolls around, I am miserable. While all the other little boys and girls were outside running around and rolling in the grass...I was inside with scratchy eyes and toilet paper shoved up my nose. So every year when spring begins I ready myself for the hell that is pollen.

So, Sunday I celebrated Easter with my family by being outside, at a pond, fishing. You can imagine how all of my mucus celebrating extremities celebrated this. I had full on snot disease with bouts of hail force sneezes. Not to mention the severe swimmy headedness and the swollen, itchy, red eyes. My Grandma gave me some prescription Claratin. That just made me more swimmy headed.

Finally me and Mr Biggs decide that we should hit the road back to home. All the way I am ring with the head cocked back as to hold the snot in. We come across the CVS and Biggs says he will go in for me. I tell him exactly this " I want Benadryl. Lots of it. Get me the sleepy kind and the non-sleepy kind. I don't care if it is name brand or off brand. Just get it for me. My symptoms are sneezy-ness, runny nose, and itchy eyes. Now go and fetch." I gave him a $20 and sent him on his way.

Minutes later, he returns. He throws this bag on my lap and goes, "Uh, they didn't have what you wanted. Here this is for a stuffy head". I open the bag and it is one of the day/night two packs of Nyquil and Dayquil.

I looked at Biggs and said "what about my long spiel on Allergies, snot disease, and such made you think that I had a cold"? I then informed him that Nyquil doesn't cure anything but conscienceness. I am glad to know that in a whole drug store, there is no allergy medicine to be found. Also, might I add, I received no change.

So, today, I sit here still suffering from the snot disease. But if I start to feel a cold coming on, I will be fully prepared!

1 comment:

~evelyse said...

I love your creations! You are very talented! Please keep up the great work and I will be visiting often!